» Sports News
[ 23 March 2012 ]
Photographed is Arthur Moffitt accepting the shield on behalf of his team after their win over Sandford Park last Wednesday. Scoreless at half time, Freddie Morris latched on to a through ball behind the defence to pick up and score under the posts. Peter Quigley added all the rest of the points in their 10-0 success.
Later in the afternoon the senior boys' hockey team scored a notable success in the trophy final win over Kilkenny College. Buoyed by vocal support from a large contingent of Columbans, the team led by two goals from Ross Canning and Pascal Dillenberger at half time . Kilkenny fought back in the second half but the seniors ran out 3-2 winners in the end, Ross Caning scoring a second penalty corner.
The senior rugby team were less fortunate as they were beaten 7-35 in the semi final of their league by Castleknock yesterday.
There remains some basketball matches to be completed in the remaining days of the term which will decide the destination of their leagues.
Other Sports News news articles
- [2013-11-06] New Basketball Website
- [2013-10-23] All-Ireland schools' hockey tournament
- [2013-09-12] Success at Burghley Horse Trials
- [2013-05-27] Sports day and dinner 2013
- [2013-03-14] Basketball round-up
- [2012-12-14] Riding
- [2012-11-29] Junior Rugby Team qualify for cup semi-final
- [2012-07-10] Holiday News
- [2012-05-28] Sports Dinner 2012