China Trip 2018
St. Columba’s College are delighted to announce details of a new and exciting Cultural Trip to China in March / April in 2018. The proposed trip to China will provide a once in a lifetime opportunity for pupils to see many of the highlights that China has to offer. Over 12 days the pupils will visit Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Xian and the stunning natural forests and mountains at Zhangjiajie. Staying in luxury hotel accommodation throughout, the pupils and accompanying staff will get the opportunity to experience a very different, and increasingly important, culture and cuisine while taking in the breathtaking scenery and cityscapes. The trip is currently only available for pupils entering Form IV and V this coming September.
The main highlights of the trip are as follows:
- 3 nights in Hong Kong & Kowloon visiting the Science Museum, History Museum, Victoria Peak, Lantau Island, the Giant Buddha and a full guided tour of the city.
- 2 nights in Shanghai visiting the Bund, China Maritime Museum, Urban Planning Exhibition Hall, the Old Town, Yu Garden, Xintiandi and the popular and ancient “water town” Zhujiajiao.
- 1 night in Zhangjiajie visiting the UNESCO World Heritage Site & National Forest Park (Tianzi Mountain & Yuanjiajie).
- 2 nights in Xian, former capital, visiting the Terracotta Warriors and Horse Museum, the ancient city wall and other attractions.
- 3 nights in Beijing visiting Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, the Temple of Heaven, Wangfujing Street, the Great Wall and the Summer Palace.
China is becoming a significant world power, culturally and economically, and exposure to this vibrant and important culture, in a safe and structured tour, will provide pupils with a unique opportunity and potential new perspective on the world. Full details on the cost and payment schedule of the trip have been emailed to all parents of all pupils entering Form IV and V next September. Applications are made via this online application form. The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday May 26th 2017.
If you require any further information about the trip or have not received the email with the full details, please contact the organising teachers Mr. Tristan Clarke (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mr. Humphrey Jones (email@example.com).