This week in the College pupils and staff are participating in our annual Bullying Awareness Week with this year’s theme being “All Different, All Equal“. The series of events celebrating our differences kicked off on Wednesday morning with an assembly led by the pupils. Some staff shared why they are different – Mr. Finn revealing that he cannot burp and Ms Maybury finally admitting in public that she cannot drink tea from a cup without a white centre!
Other events planned over the next week include:
- A library display of books on bullying and diversity (shown above)
- A poetry competition is being held (winners are now published on our English Department website)
- There are a series of talks for all pupils – from Mark Robinson (TCD) & Monica Rowe (ISPCC)
- There are a series of short films with discussion around the topic of bullying
- An art project.
- A special SPHE programme.
- A special chapel programme.
- A music concert from Simon James (postponed due to the recent storm).