Explore the job opportunities in the teaching and support staff at St. Columba’s at this time.
Part-time School Nurse Required
St. Columba’s College is one of Ireland’s leading co-educational schools and is predominantly a boarding school catering for 244 boarding pupils and approximately 90 day students. Our pupils attend St. Columba’s not only from Ireland and the UK but from all over the world. A warm and caring environment stands at the heart of our ethos at St. Columba’s.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and experienced nurse who enjoys working with young people, to join our established health centre nursing team working part-time and “bank” hours. Our nursing team staff the health centre 24 hours a day during term time, by providing set clinic times and emergency cover.
The role of the school nurse includes:
- Being the first point of contact for all pupils’ medical needs.
- Assessment and treatment of minor injuries and illness
- Delivery of first aid emergency care
- Decision making if necessary to seek further medical support
- Providing first aid and emergency care for staff and visitors
- Organisation and running of the medical room
- Health promotion within the school
- Liaising and clear communication with boarding staff and with management
- Appropriate and timely communication with parents and guardians
- Ability to work as effectively as a member of a team or on own
- Child protection and safeguarding
- Registered nurse with Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI)
- Experienced and enthusiastic
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Evidence of excellent decision-making skills and experience
- Professional and approachable
- Flexible and adaptable
How to Apply:
Sent CV via post to
Mrs Sally Gibbs,
St Columba’s College,
or Email firstname.lastname@example.org